sábado, 20 de julio de 2013

David Harvey

I must say that I'd love to meet David Harvey, he's a distinguished Professor of Anthropology and Geography at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. He once came to Chile to ENEG (encuentro nacional de estudiantes de geografía) and I got to take a picture with him, but now I don't have it because my camera was stolen. Well, I like him because he took the book "The Capital" by Karl Marx and applied it on urban studies, this is reflected on his book "The Limits to Capital". I've read 4 of his 10 books of Economic Geography and if any time I had the chance to chat with him I'd love to discuss about how he understands the city, economic geography, marxism and urban poverty. As geographer I'd really want to be like him one day.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario