miércoles, 1 de mayo de 2013

A building I like: GAM



Today I’m going to talk about GAM which is a cultural center focused in the access of culture and audience formation.
I like it for its modern architecture and because you can see theater, dance and music. The first time I heard about it was when it burned, that was before I got in to university.  Then I finally saw it on my way to classes in 2010.  It amazed me because of its size (larger than the surrounding buildings), the architecture and its construction material (which seems oxidized).
Most of the people don’t know about it or for what is it used for, only neighborhoods of the GAM enjoy its activities. I think these activities should be defused to the rest of Santiago, so lots of people could see theater, dance and music instead of going shopping all weekends.
It stands above the surrounding architecture; it’s even more impressing than the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Nowadays all we can use it as a recreation place; you can go to read, to take coffee, project meetings with my teachers or just to hang out with my friends.
I think we all classmates should organize and visit it; go to see a theater play or a music concert. What do you think?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario