jueves, 24 de octubre de 2013

A day I will always remember


I will never forget the first time I played with my band in a pub. Like I’ve written before that I have a progressive rock band with my best friends where I play the bass. We were playing in assays rooms like for five years; we improved our techniques until we were really good and we recorded a song created by us: “Donde el sol se esconde”. Then we started asking in pubs, offering our show and our song. We tried like this for 6 months, we knew it would take a time to get called, but at that time we thought no one would do it, actually we were a little disappointed and thought that maybe we weren’t good enough.
So, after that, I was on class at university when suddenly! My friend, the guitarist called and gave the good news! We were going to play in “Babylon Pub” that Saturday.
That night we were a little nervous but it ended well, the experience was awesome, I had a really good time. About money… It wasn’t that good, each one got paid 20.000 pesos but it was actually the money that we recollected by selling tickets for the show to our friends.
 We kept playing a couple of times there and in other places. Now we’re not doing so much, because we need to buy a new keyboard. Maybe in summer “Ecos” will be back. I hope that we create a good album and  we would like to play at many pub!!!

3 comentarios:

  1. Playing live is always a great experience: It can be a real blast or a total disaster.

    When you play and practice in the rehearsal room with the band you can make mistakes and play silly music, but live shows... you have to be really good at it!

    I've learned that if you have a good time and you enjoy the gig, people will feel the vibe and they may like what they see.

    Keep on rocking!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Feeelix, you are a rock star!!! I hope listen Ecos some day. Regards :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Feeelix, are you visited to lollapalooza? always good music

    ResponderEliminar